Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Time to hitch a ride to San Francisco...

Again with apologies to the BeeGees, but I'm in San Francisco.

Well, it's been a week since I blogged and I've been updating my past posts with pictures and the like, hopefully that's been helpful.

Well, I loved Boston - ate at Legal Seafoods too many times (4 times) but it's a Boston icon, so why not? I explored Harvard University with Dave and Armanda, a couple from church, it was nice to meet up with them and to get some local knowledge.


My museum "pilgrammage" continued with visits to the JFK Library and Museum - really well done in portraying his life from babyhood to 22 November 1963 - tastefully reduced to a mere minute of footage and none from the infamous Zapruder film.


It's the most liveable city I visited on the East Coast in my opinion. Sure the traffic is appalling, something I experienced firsthand whilst day tripping to historic Lexington (see left) and Concord, but it's a really pretty place. I picked up a car on Thursday 14 December in preparation for my trip to Albany, I was given a Lincoln Grand Marquis V8 (see below). It looks like a cop car and it handles like one. It had steering as light as a feather (could park it with one finger) and the front seats were so big, it was like sitting in a sofa and travelling at 65mph.


Albany was frustrating staying with my aunt. I don't want to talk anymore about it.

Drove back to Boston with Dad in this tank - got lost in Boston because I took a shortcut - but ended up ok.


Flight to San Francisco was alright - it was American Airlines, it was bumpy crossing the Rockies but otherwise a pretty standard flight. Completely full, no empty seats and babies crying all over the place; it is holiday season after all.


Have arrived at my cousin's place which is in a nice part of town, and it's close to the airport which is a bonus. Dad and I fly to Seattle to pick up a car to drive to Vancouver tomorrow. I wonder what car we'll get this time...



I will try to blog from Vancouver, but I'm not able to blog, then I wish you all a safe, fun and Christ-filled Christmas.

3 comments:

Anna said...

You didn't mention the most important thing! You went to WEBS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Denny Krane

Pete said...

Boston sounds nice, San Fransisco would freak me out from what I can tell.

Merry Christmas Clem.