Tuesday, July 05, 2005

As I said...I like photos...


Photography is my new hobby.

Thanks to Ben and Pete for sharing a great night with me on the harbour. All photos except the ones of the Opera House were taken with a 24mm f2.8D lens mounted on my Nikon F80 camera. They all have different f-stops and shutter exposure times. The one of the Opera House was taken with a 28-100mm f3.5-5.6G zoom set at 90mm. Ask me if you want to know where I shot them from exactly.

There is something addictive about this "sport" and I just want to get better. I still have a long way to go of course, but I realised that Sydney is extremely photogenic and I think even more so at night.

In this picture, note the handrail which runs right along towards the central focal point of the picture. This was taken with a 24mm lens on its side. The Opera Bar is below and forms a secondary focal point. Note the line that runs towards the focal point between the umbrellas.

2 comments:

jely said...

whoa nice! when'd u take that? cos i was strolling the operahouse forecourt etc sat nite round 10-11ish

Cleminem said...

I was there on Monday night. Perfect conditions for shooting: clear skies, no wind, not too cold, wonderful!